Maintaining your overall health may seem like a serious of meddlesome tasks that interrupt your day. Even though you may think maintaining health provides little benefit for the time it takes to keep up with appointments, the returns on strong health are immense.
Eating healthy, adhering to medications, limiting smoking, participating in physical activity, and keeping up with preventive health exams can save an individual between $2,220 to $5,300 annually, according to Rutgers University.
At AFC Saugus, we have provided an all-in-one checklist to help you prepare for next year and improve your overall health in 2019:
- Getting your annual flu shot and taking actions to prevent the flu such as using hand sanitizer and disinfectant.
- Getting other recommended vaccinations for measles, whooping cough, tetanus, measles, and other vaccines.
- Screening for chronic disease indicators such as high blood pressure, blood glucose level, and cholesterol if you have diabetes. Individuals should also screen for potential cancers based on their age.
What are some preventive care services you may want to plan to improve overall health?
Even though it is possible to maintain strong overall health outside of a medical setting, you should still make sure that you are planning for the following preventive services for the upcoming year:
- Plan appointments for your annual checkup months in advance so you take a break from work or similar commitments. Schedule time with your AFC Saugus Urgent Care Center to plan your physical.
- Keep up-to-date with your medical history to help your providers identify any current or emerging healthcare conditions.
- Ask for a referral to a nutritionist or similar dietary professional to help build healthy eating habits.
- Participate in a wellness program either with your employer, or through a third-party, to maintain an active lifestyle.
First steps for creating a healthier lifestyle:
To kickstart your healthier 2019, look over some common patient services to see what clinical care best aligns to your personal health needs.
Other activities that one can participate in to improve their overall health include consulting other wellness services such as psychiatric consultations through an insurance provider, or primary care physician, to identify certain behaviors that impede health improvements. These behaviors include stress, anxiety, or other mental health conditions that inhibit a healthy lifestyle.
However, why should you wait until 2019 to become healthier? Ask now about how our Saugus urgent care center can provide several preventive care services at affordable rates.